Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 5:17 PM
Subject: IML: When to do a valve job

Dan, the key factor is when the cylinders are uneven in compression. No one
can give you a threshold reading (point where you would decide to do it),
because the compression reading depends on the atmospheric conditions and
the altitude, plus the technique used in making the test.

If all 8 cylinders are within +/- 10% of the average reading, the engine
should run fine for a long time that way.

By the way, you are posting in HTML - notice that in my reply, your pretty
colored background and all the other fancy stuff is gone from your posting-
that is what we have been talking about on the list for the last 10 years,
off an on.

Everyone, please, Please, PLEASE:
- trim your posts, stay on the subject, and DON'T POST IN HTML! It really makes life tough on the people who are on digest mode - we have lost members
because of this problem.

I'm not an IMP cop - just another peon, but please, fix it for us all!

Thanks,

Dick Benjamin