Re: IML: IML-Join: Please Welcome Joe McDawg

Re: IML: IML-Join: Please Welcome Joe McDawg

automated@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
New Subscriber(s): Joe McDawg
Email Address is: fanbladeus@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Detroit, MI

Car(s) owned: 1963 LeBaron (Black)
1967 Crown Convertible (Blue with White top/interior)

Self-Introduction: Let's see, I'm just getting into the Imperial realm but I've been with Chrysler products for a while. My most complete project car is a '58 Chrysler Windsor. All three cars showed up in about the same condition. They were all sitting for a looong amount of time. The Windsor is now a driver and just needs odds and ends stuff. The '63 Lebaron is the next car that we're focusing on. The 413 is stuck solid. The engine has been tore down and at this point needs a full rebuild. In the meantime, we're going to transplant a 413 from a '63 New Yorker parts car. The car appears to have nearly every option. It has the button in the glove box to pop the trunk, front and rear AC, solex glass, six-way power seat, auto-pilot, auto-dimmer, power brakes, power steering, power windows, flightsweep deck lid, power antenna, floor radio button, .... and it goes on.
Haven't tore into the '67 convertible except from the standard cleaning up the engine enough to run it off of a can of gas.  Its in storage until there's time to mess with it.

Me and my dad work on these cars together. He's getting to the point where he just wants the cars to be done, so I end up being the driving force of doing the actual projects. It works out nicely though because between projects he likes to spend the time to paint parts, clean-up and wax. Three things I don't really have much time to do.
I'm going to school full time (done in May) and am working two jobs.  I'll be getting married shortly and will be moving into my own house by the end of next summer.

We're in the Detroit area and member of the local WPC car club.  Although lack of time hasn't allowed us to be as active as we'd like.  I guess that gives you all a good intro to what we're into.  Keep an eye out this summer for a long black '63 Le Baron returning to the road to visit a car show near you!