IML: Please Welcome Dan Mennillo

New Subscriber(s): dan mennillo
Email Address is: danmennillo@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: wolcott ct.

Car(s) owned: 1981 gray with red leather & efi

Self-Introduction: hi, my name is dan. i bought my 1981 imperial
about 5 mo. ago.
it is a 1 owner car and in excellent condition. i alway liked the
81-83 imperial but could not afford one. now that i'm retired i
located this one in n.y. and bought it. it was not running good
so i had it towed home. not knowing much about the efi sytem i did
some basic things, new gas, spark plugs, battery, starter, while
waiting for the shop maneuls i bought to arive, after reading them
i determed that i needed some professional help. so after towing it
to 5 garages, 3 new cat. coverters, many hrs. of work, it still is
not running good. the car starts up, but runs very rough, the 2
front cats. get red hot in 5 min. so i had it towed back home. i,m
determind to get this car to run. so far i determined that to much
gas is pumping in carborator, ( took cover off and turned over engine)
i was told a bad o2 sensor will make car run rich, i put a new on
today, no change. i located a wrecked 81 with efi syatem in ct. so
i bought the whole car, i,ll have it tomorrow. after i take all parts
associated efi i,ll stor it for parts. if anyone needs a part they
can have them. before i start changing parts, i would appreciate
any input anyone my have. my e-mail address is danmennillo@xxxxxxxxx