Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 11:59 PM
Subject: RE: IML: 68 LeBaron Update

I remember a rich man that lived in the neighborhood that had the neatest
black '65 or '66 LeBaron with leather and on the dash was a gold plaque with
a tiny Imperial Eagle and his name engraved with that "This car made...".
Maybe a dealer add on but they had to have gotten the plaques from Chrysler.
I know my Dad ordered 2 Imperials to his specs. from the same dealer(a
'62Crown and a '69Crown) and neither had the name plague. Maybe it was a
LeBaron thing.

Also, there is a small gold or bronze name plate attached to the glove box
door with an inscription.  It says "This Car Made Especially For Maurice
Schmidt".  (he was the original and only owner before me)  Did Chrysler ever
do that sort of thing for special order cars?  I'm thinking it may have been
something done by his family when he bought the Imperial new.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Ken
67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht