IML: engraved dash name plates

My previous '67 Crown, a 4 door hardtop, had this
engraved plate.  I found it in the glove box, but it
may have originally been attached to the dash.  It was
a small, bronze/brass looking plate, about 2" x 3",
and similar wording to what you mention below.  I
could never ascertain the authenticity of this plate,
whether the factory had done this, or who the person
named on the plate was, though.

--- Isenhour <isenhour@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I remember a rich man that lived in the neighborhood
> that had the neatest
> black '65 or '66 LeBaron with leather and on the
> dash was a gold plaque with
> a tiny Imperial Eagle and his name engraved with
> that "This car made...".
> Maybe a dealer add on but they had to have gotten
> the plaques from Chrysler.
> I know my Dad ordered 2 Imperials to his specs. from
> the same dealer(a
> '62Crown and a '69Crown) and neither had the name
> plague. Maybe it was a
> LeBaron thing.
>

> Also, there is a small gold or bronze name plate
> attached to the glove box
> door with an inscription.  It says "This Car Made
> Especially For Maurice
> Schmidt".  (he was the original and only owner
> before me)  Did Chrysler ever
> do that sort of thing for special order cars?  I'm
> thinking it may have been
> something done by his family when he bought the
> Imperial new.
>
> Anyway, that's it for now.
>
> Ken
> 67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
> 68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht

> response will be
> attachments) for the
> Administrators should be sent to
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to

> response will be
> attachments) for the
> Administrators should be sent to
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to
> http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm

--Mike Pittinaro

'To Engineer' was never meant to signify poking around with a mouse on a Nintendo-on-steroids computer system.

'It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars'
-- Garrison Keillor