IML: IML 81 EFI Problems

I am always amazed at mechanics incompetence...i.e. replacing cat converters to solve the red glow problem.
The car is running too rich so start with the basics and the most obvious.  Does it have any vacuum leaks?  Vacuum leaks can make
an EFI car run rich.  Check all vac hoses including those going inside the car and the power brake unit. Block of the hoses and see if the car leans out.  Next check items which tell the computer how much fuel to provide such as Oxygen sensor(s) and Temperature sensors.  These are the most common to go bad.  If those are not the problem then use the shop manual and progress through the EFI checks.  Hope this helps.