IML: My 81 with efi

I recieved a e-mail from Dick Benjamin in regard to my 81 Imperial running to rich.
Let me recap my background with this car. I bought this car about 5 Mos. ago,
it,s a beautiful 81 with 61,000 arignal miles, one owner. It was not running good
so I had it towed home,150 miles. I bought the shop manuals, and read everthing
pertaining to EFI system, after reading it I realized i needed some help. I was told
the problem was cat. coverters so i put three new one,s on and new muffler, no
improvement. Let me say the car alway started up, it just ran rough, I thought that
if I changed spark plugs,fuel filters, put in new gas, etc. it would run fine. Well after
Towing it to 5 garages, I realized I know as much, or more then they do about this
car, so it,s back in my garage. I read Hundreds of problems associated with 81/83
EFI system on the web sight,but no one seems to have my problem, which is too
much fuel, and red hot cat. coverters.
   I found another 81 with EFI system and bought it, a tree fell on it,me and a friend
are taking all the EFI parts off it, but before I start changing parts I would like to
get some suggestions from some members.
   Any help will be appreciated.

  Thanks Dan m.