Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:24 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Fire causes

We determined that my fire started as a backfire thru the Edlebrock carb.  Because I had to use a riser for the air cleaner to clear the linkage, it effectively negated the stock backfire fire suppression ability.  The car was backfiring and flat spotting because of a sizeable vacuum leak that we traced to the parking brake release/transmission shifter mechanism.  Eliminating vacuum leaks, then, is one way to avoid disaster.

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas