Re: IML: my 47 will i ever get her running

Just a guess, but if the valve stem rusted in the head during storage it could cause the valve to stay stuck open and probably would have wiped the cam on start up.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Battesby"
Subject: IML: my 47 will i ever get her running
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:36:41 -0800 (PST)

This car use to run great  but after sitting for 8 years I am having a ton of problems. My main concern right now is its running really rough. I opened those viewing windows and saw that I have two valves stuck open. This is what I don't get. I can see them being stuck closed but opened ? aren't they under spring pressure to close ? what would cause them to stay open. I all ready pulled the head cleaned the seats rotated the cam by hand till the valves were all working. Put it all back together and it ran great for 10 minutes . then really rough again. It sounds like the valves are open again. Any quick fixes like thin or thick oil any tricks anyone has . I need to drive this car cause I am still trying to loosen the rear hubs

Fred Joslin