Re: IML: Thermostatic Vacuum Delay Switch - 68 LeBaron

From: "Ken Lang" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: Thermostatic Vacuum Delay Switch - 68 LeBaron

I'm mostly concerned with the proper mounting of the item.  Currently it's
hanging from the diagonal support by a piece of bailing wire.  The FSM
doesn't show the actual mounting.  Once I figure out what's wrong with the
system and fix it, I'd like to mount this switch in its original position.

If it's the same thing as in my '69 (don't know why not), then the heater valve mounts into a bracket that goes on the wheel well. One of the coolant hoses attaches to a pipe (part of the bracket) so that coolant goes right through the bracket. The bracket's a wierdly complex part, considering I can't see why it's actually needed - seems like the valve would work fine, hanging from a piece of wire. They even went so far as to braze a cupric metal part (that pipe) to a ferrous metal part (the bracket) - you wouldn't see that kind of thing nowadays.

  I have an extra bracket, if it's the right thing.
       -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT