IML: fuel tank plug 63 on custom

Hi:  What looks like a rubber stopper at front bottom center of gas tank: does that come out to dump fuel?  I am afraid to ruin it with a screwdriver or otherwise ham-handed implement.  Is there a trick to removing it and having it survive to plug another day?  I can't believe it's threaded!  Thank you.  --Tom in Tucson