Re: IML: This can't be for real/413 cross-ram carburetion

Re: IML: This can't be for real/413 cross-ram carburetion

There's a very interesting article in the November,
1959 Motor Trend magazine that covers this cross-ram
manifold.  They indicate that it was more effective at
higher RPM's.  The rationale was that it would greatly
improve passing times on the freeway.  Boy would it be
fun to hit the transmission kickdown on one of these
jobs!!

I've seen a couple at the Walter P. Chrysler car
shows.  I was about to ask if this was optional on
Imperials, and Paul chimed in with some extra info.
Thanks!

--- randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The 300 F had a dual four barrel carb ram-induction
> manifold set up
> that was stock. I have seen Imperials from the
> period with this retro
> fitted by the dealer. I had the chance to drive a
> Chrylser like this
> when they were about ten years old. It was a scream!
>
> Paul W.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-Chrysler-300F-Great-Condidtion-Rare-O

riginal_W0QQitemZ130066005328QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6175QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd