Re: IML: stiff shocks

Quality brand name GAS shocks, and a rear anti sway bar will help any 60's C or Y handle and ride better. You don't need stiff as much as more roll control, 5000 # Imperial weight is the enemy of handling.
This assumes torsion bars are adjusted properly, and the rear leaf springs are not sagging. This is most of the cop car suspension package, minus the very stiff (and hard to find) HD springs and torsion bars.
This, plus name brand tires made a word of difference on my 65 300 convert.
Mark

Chris Strohmeyer <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend front and rear shocks to stiffen up the ride? My
"Imperial" Star Destroyer needs to ride and handle better. The rears would
be different from the front, right?
Thx,
Chris
67 Imperial Convertible