Re: IML: Grabbing Brakes

It very possibly could be related to the rear brakes,
but the front calipers on my 67 are rebuilt and
stainless steel sleeved to boot.  Rotors and pads are
good, too.  And I've confirmed the issue is with the
booster, as disconnecting it and drivingt with manual
brakes does not give the same sticking issue.

But boosters are $$, so for now...

--- randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:

> As a point of clarification, for most people this
> symptom would mean
> that the master cylinder, calipers, or wheel
> cylinders are bad. I
> respect others knowledge for their own car, but
> brakes that do not
> immediately release is not usually something that is
> fixed by adjusting
> the vacuum to the power booster. Sticky brakes,
> mushy pedal, or pedal
> all the way to the floor usually means a complete
> brake job, or at
> least a trip to a respected mechanic if you are not
> experienced in
> working on brakes.
>
> Paul W.

--Mike Pittinaro

'To Engineer' was never meant to signify poking around with a mouse on a Nintendo-on-steroids computer system.