Re: IML: 67 LeBaron brakes

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my 69 LeBaron with the Budd brakes I would say that the pedal feel is mushy and the pedal is too close to the floor. However, the brakes seem to work fine and much better than the same era drum brake in my opinion.  How do you restrict the vacuum to the brake booster?
If the pedal is mushy/soft, restricting the vacuum won't solve the problem.

Either there's air in the system, there's a small leak, the rear shoes need to be adjusted, or the master cylinder needs to be replaced.

Brakes--and especially on cars of Imperial size--aren't something to skimp on.  Find the problem and fix it right!

Thanks,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron