From: "Dave Wilker"
Subject: Re: IML: 67 LeBaron brakes
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:50:53 -0800

Just a note...

When I was in Automotive classes, we heard a
tale from the instructor about a mystery brake
problem, Fellow had an International Scout with
disk brakes, and the pedal would go to the
floor. You could pump them up, but it was a bit
of a pucker factor. So they rebuilt the whole
brake system. New calipers, pads, all of it.
They checked the pedal (after bleeding) in the
shop and it was high and firm. Customer took it
out and almost hit a truck, as the pedal went
to the floor. Long story short, the rotor
bearings were bad, so the rotor "wobbled" on
the axle, which pushed the piston back into the
caliper. When the driver hit the brake, the
system had to overcome the excessive spacing
between rotor and pad.

Sometimes, you have to look outside the obvious.

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)

----- Original Message ----- From:
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:21 AM

If the brakes don't feel right, there is probably something wrong. Have
them checked by a competent mechanic, or check them very carefully
yourself if you are qualified. In the meantime, don't drive the car
until you are positive that the brakes on the car are working properly.

Paul W.