Re: IML: 1959 Lebaron 4 door sedan

Title: Re: IML: 1959 Lebaron 4 door sedan
Since you asked...

Imperial did not offer a vinyl top until 1964, and not a (heavily) padded one until the Crown Coupe package in 1974. The entire industry did not offer them before 1963, I believe, so a 50s car with a vinyl top will certainly look inauthentic and a little odd (imho). A padded one might be a bit pimp-a-licious, unless that’s a look you want.

If the steel roof is only “wrinkled” but still functional (since you plan to keep it with the vinyl plan), why not have it fixed by a body shop? They could probably straighten it pretty well, smooth it with body filler (not ideal but it should look fine) and repaint it to match.

I believe the 57-66 windshield interchange issue has been covered at length on the list already, so go to the website and search the archive and you should be able to find the answer.

Good luck!

Chris in LA
67 Crown (original slicktop)
78 NYB Salon (original padded Silver Elk-grain vinyl)