  From: "Chris Strohmeyer"
  Subject: IML: rear end noise
  Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:23:16 -0800

  Hi all,
  My sure grip rear end is moaning/whirring at
  above 30mph. If I lift my foot slightly off the
  pedal it goes away completely. After looking
  over 40 years of receipts I discovered 10 years
  ago and 10k miles ago the rear end was
  completely rebuilt. I read that there's a
  "special oil for sure grips". Isn't this just
  90w gear oil? It was a little low so I topped
  it up but no change.

  Any ideas as to what this may be. I'm going to
  contact the former owner to see if rebuilding
  it actually made the noise go away.

  Thx,
  Chris
  67 Imperial Convertible -----------------
  http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
  This message was sent to you by the Imperial
  Mailing List. Please reply to
  mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
  will be shared with everyone. Private messages
  (and attachments) for the

Fred Joslin