Re: IML: rear end noise

I just caught this subject off my "IML digest", so your question may have
already been answered.....  The whirring noise you describe is probably not
from the suregrip (assuming your unit has one), it sounds more to me like
either your ring and pinion backlash, or pinion depth adjustment is off.
Either they have somehow come out of adjustment, but more likely the gears
are worn.  If it were setup incorrectly from the start, they would wear out
prematurely.  The limited slip (or suregrip) additives are for the clutches
which don't "whine", they chatter on turns.

Bill Roddick
'64 Imperial Crown
'72 'Cuda 340
'95 Concorde