http://home.chattanooga.net/~soule/RMS/

From: Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Everyone,

I previously mentioned my experience with rear axle bearing failure a few years ago on my '71 Imperial.  I have just posted pictures of this failure at http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Axle/BearingFailure/

I think this clearly illustrates the importance of making sure the bearings are properly greased.  It's also vital that the axle shaft end play be set properly when axles are installed.

Thanks,

Elijah

It's here! Your new message!