IML: Body Plate data

List:
I have studied the information available on the site for other years' data plates and see some similarities with the one on my 54. I have always known it was a late production car, due to the enclosed shift quadrant and coaxial power steering; but primarily from the serial number which is 75#'s from the last one used. (7780692 for my car.) Now I am sure the car was built in August. In the latest restoration effort, I removed the front fender mouldings and see a stamped date of Jul 30 1954 on one and Aug 1954 on the other. On the data plate, that is on the firewall in this car; the Model Paint and Trim codes all relate to the car. The Schdl Item numbers are 205 1704, and I can't get August out of those. Under the Spl Fo letters are the numbers 5263 any ideas on what that might mean? This car could be somewhat special in being one of the last, and some kind of special order. In light of Dr. Challenger's recent unsubscribing, and the related comments and encouragement: There is a 54 Custom that is moving toward operating on the road again after being dormant for well over a decade. That is due in part to this list, and the wealth of knowledge and information contained in this website. When I went to see the car, I had the feeling that no one else was going to save this car from rusting into the Virginia mountain top where it set. I completely disregarded the advise to buy the nicest one I could find and am working on a very noble car that may always have a worn patina. I am sure there are other list members with Imperials that would have been lost if if weren't for the hard work and willing to assist others that is so evident here. I offer my gratitude to anyone who can help me decipher the data plate and to the members who work so hard to make this a great website.

Joe Amos
Norfolk, Va.