From: DickB@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights

THAT is decidedly wierd! Has someone modified your car? There should not be another flasher on the car unless someone has retrofitted it with emergency flashers (4-ways).

Regarding the various suggestions involving the parking light sockets etc. - there is no connection between the brake lights and the parking lights - they are on totally different circuits - at least they are SUPPOSED to be!

Electrical circuits can do strange things sometimes, especially when the car is old enough to develop spurious electrical paths that are not designed into the car, due to corrosion etc., so I cannot say for certain that a bad ground on a parking light socket can cause brake lights to fail - but I'd have to see a schematic of THAT circuit to convince me.

Dick