Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights now no brakes

maybe I am stupid but when you say turn signal switch  do you mean the
mechanics of the lever that you push and pull to activate the signal.
because the orginal broke many years ago when the horn broke all of
these plugged into a electronic device that had six wires going to it. that
to broke but after many years looking with never any luck I repaired
the device so that my head lights and tail lights would work . also
backup lights. I put in a turn signal lever that returned to center after
each use from a old ford . so when you save switch I dont know what to do
. The one I fixed I had to put springs in it from a bic pen . If I
could get a new switch i would it so happens there not available on this
planet as far as I can find, the brakes will work if I just disconnect
the vacume line going to that air bellow thing so i dont uinerstand why
you think it has anything to do with the master cylinder. My car is a 15
year project that now it appears though it looks finished ,is
not drivable not really. I promiced my friend who owned it as he was
dieing that I would restore the car. Now my health is failing its to bad
I almost got there.