Re: IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights now no brakes

Re: IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights now no brakes

maybe I am stupid but when you say turn signal switch  do you mean the
mechanics of the lever that you push and pull to activate the signal.
because the orginal broke many years ago when the horn broke all of
these plugged into a electronic device that had six wires going to it. that
to broke but after many years looking with never any luck I repaired
the device so that my head lights and tail lights would work . also
backup lights. I put in a turn signal lever that returned to center after
each use from a old ford . so when you save switch I dont know what to do
. The one I fixed I had to put springs in it from a bic pen . If I
could get a new switch i would it so happens there not available on this
planet as far as I can find, the brakes will work if I just disconnect
the vacume line going to that air bellow thing so i dont uinerstand why
you think it has anything to do with the master cylinder. My car is a 15
year project that now it appears though it looks finished ,is
not drivable not really. I promiced my friend who owned it as he was
dieing that I would restore the car. Now my health is failing its to bad
I almost got there.

hot rod <michiganhotrod1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try looking at Master Tech bulletin #161 on the IML site, lots of information on some of the issues you have.
Mark

Hi Mark, I'm Jim I had a similar sitiuation, with my 60, imperial twenty years ago or so. First of all sucking noise, is that an issue  ? Or you might be passing fluid in your master, after a long time that piston in there starts to ovalate the cylinder wall of the master. then itll suck that peddal down if you have a good vacume. Brakes have ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM with imps in 59 -61. I just 3 day ago put a front end conversion with corvette master cyl and a Ford super duty roters calipers. I can stop on a dime now with NO STRESS ! your turn signal switch sounds to me worn out mabey a wire, but that little ball looking thing in the center of the switch has worn down a little that will make it so it won"t stay put to do a signal. Maby a replacement is needed there.  Good luck