From: brnxbmbr@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights now no brakes

Hi Mark, I'm Jim I had a similar sitiuation, with my 60, imperial
twenty years ago or so. First of all sucking noise, is that an issue ?
Or you might be passing fluid in your master, after a long time that
piston in there starts to ovalate the cylinder wall of the master. then
itll suck that peddal down if you have a good vacume. Brakes have
ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM with imps in 59 -61. I just 3 day ago put a front
end conversion with corvette master cyl and a Ford super duty roters
calipers. I can stop on a dime now with NO STRESS ! your turn signal
switch sounds to me worn out mabey a wire, but that little ball looking
thing in the center of the switch has worn down a little that will make
it so it won"t stay put to do a signal. Maby a replacement is needed
there. Good luck