Re: IML: Mystery Part on eBay is 1965 Newport

Re: IML: Mystery Part on eBay is 1965 Newport

Thanks to any that have helped. I really hadn't a clue as to what this part was other than it was in with a bunch of parts that were readily identifyable as 1961 Imperial, e.g. tail lights. So in light of the fact that it is not an Imperial part I'd like to respect the  mail list rules. Please send any comments/questions about this part off list.

Thanks,
Dave
1962 Imperial Crown 4 Door x 2

Richard Woodside <rwoodside@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The mystery part, eBay item 330083307429, is the right
front fender stainless trim for a 1965 Newport. The
length of the "over-the-top" portion will vary,
depending on whether the car had the optional
fender-top turn signal indicators, or not. This one
looks as if it is short enough to be for a car with
the indicator lights.

The bigger mystery, for me, is why does the seller say
it has a pit in the chrome? The damage is evident in
the photo, but stainless steel doesn't usually get
pits, does it? Perhaps it's abrasion damage?

Dick Woodside
58 New Yorker Town & Country
65 Newport
68 Imperial Convt and Coupe
68 Town & Country
77 Town & Country (x 2)
good selection of Brand X, just for comparison purposes