Re: IML: 66LeBaron-..IT's ALIVE!...sort of

Re: IML: 66LeBaron-..IT's ALIVE!...sort of

Hi All....Well, quite a few members have said the same thing...GREAT THAT THE CAR IS WORKING, DAN, BUT THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE BALLAST RESISTOR!......Most comments center on the Ammeter gauge...while messing under the dash, I did check the RED and BLACK wires on the back of the gauge...thinking back, now, on what I saw its probable that when I was trying to make SURE that the connectors for these two wires were NOT touching each other I may have moved one 'just-a-little'bit' which was enough to remove the otherwise shorted gauge. It looks like the connector for the RED wire was put on at the factory and tightened down in such a fashion that its insulated connector is either touching the connector for the BLACK wire or has , over the years, worn a sport thru the RED wires insulation which caused the short......Of course it could have been something else that was moved around a bit when I was under there that did the trick......anyone who has tried to troubleshoort an 'intermittant' problem knows what fun it can be!!!!!! Well, next step is to try and loosen up that gauge connection and move the connector around so its as far away (!!!!!) from the BLACK wires connection as possible!...we'll see how my back holds up from being twisted into a pretzel (aren't undr-dash problems fun??)....but I think I still will be needing a gauge!

Thanks everyone for all your help, suggestions and comments!!!!
Dan melnik