Re: IML: 66LeBaron-turn the key...IT's ALIVE!

Re: IML: 66LeBaron-turn the key...IT's ALIVE!

I think I will be looking for a Ammeter Gauge!!! (its STILL showing in the CHARGE zone and apprears to be stuck...hope its just temporary!

Dan:
I think you may have hit on the heart of your problem right here. The power for most everything runs through the ammeter. With time and heat cycling the connections on the ammeter can get a little loose. The loose connections cause the ammeter to overheat and melt over time. As these connections continue to deteriorate you can loose power. It is quite possible that you jiggling stuff around under there trying to find your problem temporarily made this connection again.

The ballast resistor can not cause the starter not to spin. I would be very hesitant to take off on a trip with the car in this condition as it is likely to act up again an leave you stranded somewhere...

Steve B.