Re: IML:Rarest option for 1960

I don't know about the 1960 Elizabeth Arden case, but I do know that there was a 1959 case due to the advertising in Vogue Magazine's January 1, 1959 edition.

My 1959 Crown is exactly like the one pictured (Persian Pink with a black landau and silvercrest stainless roof.  I always suspected that this car was probably specially ordered for that national advertising campagne in 21 department stores.  This was a 4 page ad and one of these was exactly like my car, except that the image used was a Lebaron.

The case shown was limited to "only authorized dealers" at a cost of $5.00.  It was specially made and designed to fit into the glove box of a 1959 Imperial.  I would love to find one to fit into the glove box of my '59.

I would suggest that there were "Elizabeth Arden Edition Imperials", due to the scope of this promotion.  Which begs the question--Was this perhaps the very first limited edition or special edition automobile?

If anyone has a white canvas Elizabeth Arden case, please contact me so I can add the only option that was available that my car does not have.  It would be nice to have a really complete 1959 Imperial in original condition.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net