Re: IML: Elizabeth Arden Ad for Glove Compartment Cosmetic Case (Rarest

Re: IML: Elizabeth Arden Ad for Glove Compartment Cosmetic Case (Rarest op tion for 1959)

The car in the advertisement is indeed a half-tone photograph.  I have the original Vogue magazine dated January 1, 1959.  The interior is not shown for the Arden ad, but it is shown for the Ben Zuckerman companion add.  That interior for the Lebaron is a blue broad cloth.  In that ad the inset image shows some of the interior selections, and mine is there--it is a black weave with gold threads.  On my '59 car interior the seat inserts are that very same material, surrounded with a silver grey leather. So this is why I think my car was ordered for this national advertising campagne--everything matches, but I do not have the Elizabeth Arden cosmetic case.  The case looks like it is made out of white canvas.

Good luck finding a January 1, 1959 Vogue Magazine, it took me some time to get my copy.  Although the circulation was approximately 450,000.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net