From: [mailto: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Cc: tumanycars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:44:21 -0800
Subject: Re: IML: Embroidered Shirts

Hi Ray!...I am sure you are NOT the only one who would love to have an embroidered picture of their favorite Imperial (or any make car, for that matter) put on a good quality shirt. I mentioned this to another IML'r, while we might (???) give it a try in the future, the cost to do something like that (unless it is farmed out to a large commercial company and we order 100 of them!) would at least DOUBLE the cost of the shirt. For now we are trying to come up with a GOOD quality product that WILL NOT require you tp take out a 2nd mortgage!
While I won't rule out your suggestion for possible 'custom' orders over and above what we are planning right now, I will at least check with the embroiderer and see what kind of a reply I get. When you get the chance, send me an email with a photo of your car ACCURATELY showing the color you would like the car to be (Body and top). Also, were you thinking of having this a certain size??? remember that there is not a lot of room on the left or right side of the chest-portion of the polo shirt and that 'details' tend to get lost when embroidering a photo unless its REALLY large!
So, for now, send me the details (including SIZE and preferred COLOR of the shirt) and I will try and get you some idea as to what your shirt would set you back...! Please keep in mind that this would be a close approximate for now...this way you'll have some idea how many items you'll need to sell on EBay to get your special shirt! (just kidding!)
Dan Melnik

---- Raymond Fabricius wrote:

=============
Dan:

Sign me up. I am considering the iron on t-shirt but would definitely like
something embroidered and on a nicer shirt.

If there is any interest I would also like a shirt with an embroidered image
of a 63 convertible (with the top down). How cool would that be!!!

Ray

63 Convertible (2)

Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:43 PM

Hi All...I have been working with another IML member for a few months now,
looking into the feasability of having something made up that would be 'year
specific' as far as the Imperial script (NOT a picture of the whole car!)
embroidered onto a good Polo-shirt (w/2-3 buttons). The time-consuming part
is, as you might figure, getting the master design for each year's
'Imperial' script made up and loaded into the embroidery machine. We are
trying to keep the cost of the Polo Shirt (a very nice quality) and the
embroidered script (possibly along with the YEAR - such as ...'66... or
.....'67... also embroidered above the Imperial script)... to be in the
$30-40.00 range, preferrably closer to $30.00 plus whatever the postage to
the customers address. We are NOT trying to be in competion with the iron-on
shirts that have been recently mentioned here on the IML with their Imperial
pictures as they definitely have their place as well for all us
Imperialists!......I would love to be able to have pictures of the different
year Imperials embroidered onto a shirt but the cost would be much higher
than many people would be willing to pay so we opted for this method of just
using a year-specific 'script'.......Tell me what you think!!!! As soon as I
get one or more examples in my hands that will allow me to send photo's to
the IML in general I will post them...BUT I would like to hear from as many
members as possible as to what YOU think of this idea????...(maybe before
the photo's are available I'll even get my LeBaron to work again!!!)
Thanks all!
Dan Melnik