IML: 56 A/C Vents

Thanks Phil.  That is a great help.  Gary Kitterman has also been a wonderful resource on this issue.  He sent me pictures of his installed unit with the vent hose and everything. It is good to know that the water is vented out the bottom.  Thank you.

The 300C convertible wasn’t mine; wish it had been.  I wouldn’t have sold it.  I am also restoring a 300F convertible, but it is at least another year away from finishing.

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:34 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 56 A/C Vents

Hi Tom - I got my a/c unit out of another car and it sits in my garage waiting for me to find time to install it. Looking at the evaporator there are two short (1/2) pipes coming out of the bottom of the evaporator and the guy who sold me the unit said the drained thru the trunk to the ground. I got it from Lowell Howe who has the Imperial wrecking yard not too far away and I can verify this if it will help.

Love to see pictures of the Imperial when it is painted. I had no idea your Chrylser C convertible will be so valuable when finished until I went to Barrett- Jackson last month.

Phil Rowe

tdcox <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am installing the rear mounted A/C vents on top of the quarters for the
trunk on my 56 Southampton 2 Dr prior to painting. Is there a hose or other
attachment in the trunk mounted to the underneath side of the vent to remove
any accumulated rain, etc. or do they just bring in fresh air and whatever
else finds its way into the trunk?

Thank you.