From: macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:55 AM
Subject: RE: IML: Lap rope

I've also heard it called a robe rail.
Dave
1962 Imperial Crown 4 Door (x2)

Ken Lang <imperialken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Interesting.... I personally figured it was just one individuals way of
describing a seat belt. Who knew?

Ken

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:32 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A lap rope is a rope, duh!, that was strung across the back of the front
seat, over which to hang a lap robe. A lap robe is essentially a blanket
that back seat passengers draped over their laps and legs in the winter, a
throw-back to when cars' heaters weren't as efficient as they are today.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1966 Imperial Crown