From: stephen844@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 6:34 AM
Subject: IML: 1959 Lebaron difference over Crown Question?

I thought the 1959 Lebaron had different rear door and back glass treatment over other models. The pictures I see show the Lebaron with a smaller rear window and vent like glass by earch rear door. The exception for this seems to be the Silvercrest roof. I have seen images of Lebarons that have a Silvercrest roof which makes the body style identical to the Crown.

In the 1959 Persian Pink Elizabeth Arden ads the car looks exactly like my Crown, but with Lebaron script. I am wondering if there are any true 1959 Lebarons that look identical to the Elizabeth Arden example. Or perhaps Persian Pink Crowns were rescripted just for the photo shoot advertisment for the January 1, 1959 Vogue Magazine?

What are your thoughts?

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net