IML: Please Welcome Kevin Highstreet

New Subscriber(s): Kevin Highstreet
Email Address is: rcjm60@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Apache Junction Arizona

Car(s) owned: 1961 Crown 4-door Southampton, Capri Blue with blue interior. Factory Air, 80K original miles. All original components. Stainless roof.

Self-Introduction: My name is Kevin and I currently live in Arizona. I am originally from Michigan. My Grandfather, who owned a dealership in Detroit, used to drive Imperials and DeSoto's all the time. I remeber seeing 3 or 4 of them as a kid before he moved to Florida. I found this car by accident. I was visiting a patient of mine but when I arrived at the house his nephew said he was at the neighbors. I found him with his buddy talking about cars. He friend mentioned that his neighbor had an old car that we wanted to get rid of. I asked about the car and he said he thought it was an Imperial with big fins. To make a long story semi-short. The lady pulled off the sheets covering the car and there was this beautiful blue Imperial. It had been sitting for several years with no gas in the tank. Within 3 hours I had the car purring like a kitten. The car only had 80K miles on it. I drove it home that day and have been admiring the car ever since.