Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1964 Imperial vinyl top material.

mika jaakkola <mika.jaakkola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
where can i find this elks grain (?)-vinyl top material?
Here in the US, the elk grain vinyl is available at most auto upholstery shops.  However, it is ONLY available in black now, even though it was offered in white and blue in 1964.

The correct grain for the 1964 Imperial vinyl top is shown in the '64 brochure, page 13: http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/Brochure/Page13.jpg

I would expect that suppliers such as SMS or some of the other vendors listed in the upholstery section at http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Interior/Upholstery.htm could supply the correct grain vinyl.
Have you ever seen this kind of vinyl top on 64 Imp?
http://homepage.mac.com/mika.jaakkola/PhotoAlbum4.html
I could bet that it's home made?
I bet you're right!  That's definitely a custom job, but it's an interesting idea.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
1970 Imperial LeBaron
1971 Imperial LeBaron

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.