Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:06 PM
Subject: IML: My 47 custom six

Hi everyone some of you may remember me. About four months ago I lost my job. I decided instead of going back to work I would work on one of my old cars that had been sitting for eight years, in a covered shop. Eight years ago the car ran perfect, and looked great. It is all original even the paint and really looks good. When I started it It wouldn't move cause the wheels were frozen. I fixed the problem in the front two but never was able to pull the hubs off the back . I broke two brand new pullers. Yes I took the advise from all of the people on how to do it. I must have tried five different ways. I couldn't pull the hubs but I was able to free up the wheel rotation. So I decided to take the advise of someone who said to drive the car maybe that would jar the hubs loose. But when i started the car it was running really rough. I opened the viewing windows on the side of the motor and saw two valves were stuck open.I took the head off cleaned up the valves unstuck them and put the motor back together with a new gasket. Also I put a sealer on all the bolts. When I started it, the oil mixed with the water. so I took it all apart cleaned every thing up and put it all back together again. It ran good but when I checked the oil it was cloudy again . I did it a third time same thing. Even since I started working on this car I have made it worse and worse. I no longer feel I can do anything to help this car. I use to be pretty good at fixing cars but I guess That was all in my head because clearly I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I guess Ill sale the car as is to someone who knows what to do . Give me your e-mail and ill send you a pick