Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: IML: ATF vs. Marvel

Where can i get some of this MMO?
Lupe
60 Thunderbird Hard Top
64 Imperial Crown Coupe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Gilleland" <tgilleland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:20 PM

I am not sure if ATF does the same thing as Marvel Mystery
Oil, I have never
used it that way. But MMO is a great additive if you have a
car the has a
Valve noise or tick. It's not a fix but it make the noise
quieter and gives
you more time to fix it right. I had a 1974 AMC Matador
Coupe a few years
back that had a valve ticking noise, MMO made it barely
noticeable. I like
running MMO in a car with no problems, for preventitive
maintenance. If it
quiets the valve noise think of what it will do to prevent
that noise from
happening. It's good stuff, and has been around forever, and
I know a couple
of other car guys who swear by it.
                                 Thanks,    Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: <dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:51 PM

Hi All....this question is regarding the adding of ATF to
a motor OR
adding Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO). I remember before I was
even driving, my
Dad would add MMO to the motor to keep it running
'quieter'. If I recall
correctly, several IMl'rs have also suggested adding some
MMO when doing
an oil change. What is the real PURPOSE of the MMO or the
ATF? ...is it to
help clean out the motor....if so, draining it after a few
hundred miles
or a long, hard trip is probably a good idea, but how
often is this a good
thing to do?
It was suggested to add some ATF in order to 'clean out'
or ;loosen up'
any stuck components. Could the same thing be done using
MMO?...
...Now, having said this I also remember hearing that
sometimes 'cleaning
out' the motor is NOT the best thing to do, especially if
its a HIGH
MILAGE motor since you could possibly wind up with a motor
that is a LOT
noiser than it was to begin with!
Has anyone had first-hand experience with using MMO or ATF
in the engine
and what was the result???
I realize that neither is a real 'fix it' for a engine
that has real
problems, but does either of these (MMO or ATF) do the
same thing? or are
they for different symptoms?
Thanks all!
Dan Melnik

will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments)
for the
Administrators should be sent to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to