IML: Pertronix Conversions

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:36:55 -0500
From: Jeff Cantor <jcantor791@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: '56 Ignition Problem: Pertronix = Success
Jeff wrote: After much debate and with the significant advice provided here, I
elected to replace the original dual point setup with the Pertronix
Ignitor electronic ignition. .

Jeff, Many of us in the British car Community have converted our TR's, MG's, Jaguars &Jensen-Healeys to Pertronix over the past two decades..

Most of us with Jensen Interceptors (383 & 440's) use the Hi perf Chrysler electronic ig  upgrades- even when some of the orig Jensen cars came with 'std Chrysler' electronic ignition.

However, to avoid the rare occurrance of a module failure, carry a spare pertronix pickup on a dist plate- so all you have to do is a roadside ''plate swap'.

On my way to the Georgia Jensen Event in 2000, a gent with a freshly restored Jensen-Healey was stranded- in a huge rainstorm 140 miles from the event on GA 76- going to Hiawassee.  I was driving my Interceptor Convert. (Chrysler 440). But I have a Jensen GT, (Same Lotus 907 4 cyl engine as the JH roadster). He had a dead pertronix, but I had a spare pickup.

Sherman D. Taffel
Columbia MD
63 Crown (going back to  Carlilse -2007)