IML: Please Welcome Mark Speizer

New Subscriber(s): Mark Speizer
Email Address is: spower4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Hillsborough, Ca.

Car(s) owned: 1957 Crown Convertible (Being restored now -)
1957 Crown Southhampton 2dr (Bronze with cream top - don't know factory name for colors)

Self-Introduction: Bought both Imperials on ebay. The convertible was not as advertised. It is now down to bare metal. The engine, trans., etc. have been rebuilt to factory specs. I purchased a donor car that had no rust. The entire back end of the carand floor pans are being replaced using the donor car body. It will be painted black. I have purchased three original '57 red hides for the interior and will have the interior done as original in red leather and matching vinyal. Car has chrome spoke wheels that were a dealer option in '57. As of March 4, 2007 I am in the process of restoration. I bought the car because my mother had a black '58 Crown convertible with red leather interior. When I got my license I drove that car on dates. It was the most beautiful car on the road. I bought the Southhampton as a donor car, but when I received it I found that it was complete and nice, although the body work is not the best, it is a nice car with original interior. Only the dash needs work.