Re: IML:1990's Imperials/ getting YOUR car onto the website.

--- DJ Martin <titanicdj47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do you set up a webpage on the site?

A:  Join the volunteers that help run the website and
DIY, and we really do need volunteers that want to
help change the Imperial world....

>>>OR<<<<

B:  Let the website volunteers to the last bit of
posting your info for you.  It's free and easy.  Just
follow the simple steps below:

Sit down and write out a story about your car.

When'd you get it?
How did it pick you?
Name?
Experiences?
Favorite feature or characteristic?
Least favorite?

so on and so forth.  Memory is free and almost
unlimited, so you can write as much as you want.

Next go out and take photos.
Face the car to the sun for the angle that you want,
rather than walking around taking shots of the shaded
side.  I've tried to take photos of my cars in front
of local attractions such as the Golden Gate Bridge
and SF  hills, but I don't think that many others
caught onto that as a reason for an outing.  There has
to be something of interest near you, even if it's the
world's largest wigwam, that beats a stupid old
driveway shot every day of the week!

Label the photos and save as such.

Indicate in your text what photos go where <<Hood shot
here>> or whatever.  We can make a bloc of photos, but
having them woven into a story is better, I think.

Check what's already been done in the AUTOBIOGRAPHIES
Sections on the various pages.  There are some real
gems in there.  Some not so much.  Pick the best parts
and flatter through imitation.

When you are ready, go to the club website and hit the
CONTACT US buttons that are there or look to that
piece of script at the bottom of most IML messages
that one generally ignores - the info is there too.

Also note that we have a REGISTRY and the IMPERIAL
HIGHWAY - both to be found in the MAILING LIST button
on the main page.  Those are alternate places that a
member should consider participating with their car.

-Kenyon

PS - we just spent a wad of club money on something
REALLY special that will debut soon.  If you like this
place, it benefits everyone to return the love with
some support:

Are YOU on this page?  Button on the bottom says you
can be:

http://imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/donors.htm