IML: 1961 starter

yesterday my car wouldn't start just clicked. I first did all the normal stuff checked wires connection etc. Lights did not dim when cranking the moter  or did the starter engage when I jumped it at the regulator. So i pulled the starter . The solenoid sits directly on top. As I took the cap off the end of the starter I noticed the wire going the post,that's connected to the solenoid was broken  Also this thick piece of copper was also broken I assume that that normally would be connected to the same area as the broken wire. So I hooked it back up that way but got nothing not even a click . So I wonder does that thick piece of copper is not suppose took connect there?  I tryed calling around to napa thinking that it wouldn't be hard to get a new starter and solenoid. But I was wrong nobody has one  where i live and they weren't even sure they could order me one. so my question is where can i get one fast cause its my only transportation right now ?