Re: IML: '59 Imp Instrument Panel Lens

I have seen a couple of these on Ebay over the past year.  I would suggest setting up a search for "Imperial Dash", 1959 and another for "Imperial Instrument", 1959 .  The search default is for 6 months, but you can set the duration for up to a year.  You will be notified via email when someone has listed one.  These are great tools and I have found lots of goodies this way.  Just make sure that you check the description box when you set it up or you will narrow the results from listing titles only.  Then just sit back and let Ebay tell you when one is listed.

I even go one step further, I use esnipe.com and place a bid that will execute 6 seconds before the auction closes, even at 4:00 AM.  Using a 3rd party system you can change your mind about whether you want to bid or the amount you are willing to spend.  If you bid on Ebay you cannot retract your bid.  I set this up long ago when I would stay up late at night to bid on something in the last few moments, I usually lost.  I usually get all the items I really want, for example I bought some Highway Hi Fi records for $6 each, because Highway Hi Fi was not in the title, but in the description.  There were absolutely no bids until the last few minutes as these and my $100 snipe bid executed there were a few waiting at the end and I got 9 records for $55.  The other bidders just couldn't bid fast enough in those final 6 seconds.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster:
http://BarreCity.net
http://HistoryTV.net