IML: signal switch solution 67-68

Thank you all so much for your past advice and help!

I tried the repair kit on my car which consists of the plastic arm only to replace the broken one that usually breaks. Admittedly, it looked easy at first once I had the shifter tube cover off. I had to drill out the rivet to remove the old one and remove the metal shaft from the car, put it in a vise, and drill and thread where the rivet was for a tiny machine screw. This way if you have to (and you WILL) adjust(bend) the 2 little wire contact pieces you can by taking it apart each time. I had to trial and error bend these contacts and check each time that the signals flashed and the cornering lights worked AND the opposite brake light worked when applied at the same time. Also that both brake lights worked when not signaling.
It's been a couple weeks and they've worked fine.

At $289. for the whole switch assembly and having to remove the wiring from the column, this was the way to go for ME. I got the repair "kit" from NAPA #DL6120 for $15. This is the correct one for my 67 Imperial Convertible with tilt and telescoping steering.
I hope this helps someone.
Chris Strohmeyer