IML: 68 Leaf springs and towing.

Hello everyone!

I have gas shocks on the back of the imperial that are self adjusting so the back lifts as the car gets loaded, but the imperial seems a little low in the butt when pulling the airstream.  I now have the proper weight distributing hitch with (dual cam) sway control. I have ordered anti sway bars for the front and rear of the imperial and they should be delivered in the next week or so.  Everything seems ok, but the back of the car still sits kind of low.

The suggestion was to change my leaf springs or add a leaf spring to raise the back end slightly.  Since I’m going to add the anti sway bars anyway, I’ll be in the neighborhood anyway, so now I have the opportunity.

So here are my questions to the collective Imperial Wisdom:

Is there a source for replacement leaf springs?

Is there something else (like helper air bags) I should consider?

Is there an adjustment I can make to the rear springs that will add lift?

Should I even be worried about this?

Thanks,

Javier

Bay Adventures, Inc.
Dive Adventures & Island Vacations:
774 NE 126 St.
N. Miami, FL 33161
Dive Into our Website! ooo~[:]-o
www.bayadventures.com
Toll-free US/Canada  -  888-599-3483 ext 4281
Tel 305-892-4281  FAX 305-892-4299