Re: IML: Huge parts cleanout at Doc's this summer.

Re: IML: Huge parts cleanout at Doc's this summer.

Kenyon,

    If you happen to stumble accross some clean seat belts for my 1960 LeBaron Imperial or the Door Sills for my 4 door Sedan please e-mail me off the list. I really need them and can ill afford to take off to California to browse for these two specific items. If they are clean you have a sale. That's all I really need....they never seem to show up for sale on Ebay. One NOS Door sill did show up on Ebay a few months back but Richard still outbid my riduculous max bid.

Regards,

Ct. Drakeula

ct_drakeula@xxxxxxxxx

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Doc Bullock is turning 91 this year.

Doc is an interesting man on many levels.

The one that will interest the List is that he owned
about 150 Imperials that he accumulated in the late
1970's and early 1980's on his large property when
they were going begging for owners. All were driven
onto the property and were good used cars at that
point in time.

He was having something or other done to his house
that would require a permit, and the inspector looked
out the kitchen window and imediately explained that
said permit would not be forthcoming unless the cars
were removed.

Doc liked his wife more than the cars, and complied.
To do so, he hired "artisans" from another country to
dismantle the cars, placing the parts in a stable on
the property. Doc was a depression-era man and
refused to see things wasted.

The carcasses were made into manholes or some such
after leaving the property absolutely stripped to the
bone. All 150 of them.

That was 1989.

A vast majority of the parts are still there, and I've
been cleaning out and selling the parts to people over
the last 3 years.

We are hitting a point where Doc is really slowing
down, and I'm beginning to feel time weighing on me.
His wife is likely to want to have everything "gone"
pretty promptly sooner or later, and I've tried to get
things out to homes that will appreciate them.

Cars ranged from 1948-1975 with a bubble that ranged
from 63-68. All were Imperials with few exceptions.

The stable is about the size of a suburban rancher
house and has parts that are literally stacked to the
ceiling, so there is approximately a semi-trailer's
worth left. At least.

If you will be near the SF Bay Area this summer or
fall, I encourage you to come by and look through for
some parts. Prices are fair.

Everyone that's been through has left with a smile so
far as I know.

You can contact me off list if interested.

I had some photos of the menagerie but the computer
failed and I'll have to re-scan them - I plan to do a
page on what I've found there and what he did.

So far as I can tell, he was pretty much supporting
the entire Northern California Imperial Owners Club
back before Mr. Lowell Howe or Bob were here, and the
place is pretty incredible.

A short list of things that might be of interest:

Door panels - mostly 4D. Giant shelves of them.
Wheels. Stacks of them.
Original-style seatbelts. Hanging over rafters.
Seat skins. Many in bad condition, but some gems.
Instruments.
Drums & Rotors. Stacks.
Alternators, Generators, etc.
Window switches
Heads
Bumpers
Stainless Trim
Manifolds

I will NOT go fishing for parts on your behalf, so can
not accept requests - you must come in person or send
an emissary to look for you since I can not gaurantee
that a particular part is right from long distance and
it isn't worth the headache of dealing with refunds or
hurt feelings if something isn't right.

These parts are all unlabeled and you have no idea how
much they vary from year to year until you try to
manage your way through a stack like this.

I am there every other Saturday at 10am for the most
part. I'll try to do a push on Ebay this summer as
well, but this place must be seen to be believed.

-Kenyon