IML: Budd Pad & Caliper Update - 1967-1969

IML: Budd Pad & Caliper Update - 1967-1969

I have filled my truck with all of the remaining BUDD
calipers from Doc's place.  They will go to Calipers
Online soon and could be available rebuilt by early
summer.

Apparently these are shared with several other orphan
cars like AMX Javelins, and the rebuilder says that
everyone is keen to get them, so this is why he pays a
premium and charges high core charges.  If you have a
parts car and can spare cores, this would be a good
time and place to send them off to.

In the process, I found 2 5-gallon paint buckets full
of D-10(?) pads.  I don't know if that's the right
name, but they fit the budd cores, so they're Budd
pads regardless.

I split them into 3 piles:
===========================
BAD - will toss these into the crate with the calipers
- maybe he can make something out of them?
===========================
OK - used but minimum 50% life left, probably more
===========================
Good - thick, like a number 2 pencil or better.
===========================

I have approximately 3 sets of GOOD and 4 sets of OK.

With the low miles that our cars get put on them, the
OK ones might be just fine for someone for quite some
time?  Good as spares?

----

Anyway, I understand that various people are charging
an arm and a leg for these and that they're hard to
find per complaints to this list.  I am willing to
offer them here before putting them on the open
market.

If you want a set of 4 pads, please contact me
off-list at imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx

Good: $30 set of 4
OK:   $15 set of 4

Shipping is likely $8 or so including a box and
postage and all that.  I seem to recall one pair
fetching something rediculous like $75 or something
within the last 2 years.

Blasted clean to ensure integrity via inspection.
They look a step or two away from new in many
instances of the GOOD units, but they are obviously
not brand new.

Kenyon Wills