Re: IML: Wyoming rip off

That's a very good idea.  Maybe we could have section for travelers, like myself, telling them good places to go along their trip, should any problems occur.  Once I get my Imperial in a little better mechanical condition, I plan on taking her on many long trips.  Her gas mileage isn't bad, at about 16.5-17 MPG, better than many new SUV''s.  Once I get the carb adjusted, she might bring in more, although, she doesn't like regular gas.  She knocks like nobody's business on 87 octane, but runs totally smooth on 89 octane.

I'll start from my experiences.  If you're in or near Roswell, New Mexico and find that you need tires, go to Forrest Tire Company, 601 S. Main St., Roswell, New Mexico.  They sold me what they thought were really expensive tires, but I thought $450.00 and change for a set of 4 Cooper white wall tires with a 70,000 mile guarantee for my car was a pretty good deal.  I paid close to that in the late 1980's for my 1977 NYB.  I'm still looking for the receipt for the repair shop in West Memphis, Arkansas, but they're about 3500 Broadway, next door to Percy's Auto Sales and Service.  They dropped what they were doing to put the belts on my car, did a good job, and charged a fair price.  I was actually sent to Percy's by a man at Pilots, a store that kind of sells everything, but they didn't have the time and/or man power to help me, so they sent me next door.  When I find the receipt, I'll give y'all the name.  I swear I just saw it the other day.

On a side note, I did the price comparison that was posted over the past couple of days where a member was asking about prices for 1963.  I added up the cost of my car, base price, plus options, per the IML and came up with a sticker of about $7,142.  When I multiplied by the multiplier provided, I came up with $57,136 if purchased new today.  It seemed high, so I called someone "in the know," my mother, and asked if that would be a fair assessment.  She affirmed that it was fair and that's why we never had an Imperial until the 1977 NYB, which she said was a struggle, financially itself (it stickered at about $10,750 in 1977).

Timothy
1965 Crown 4-door

See what's free at AOL.com.