Re: IML: 62 fuel pump questions...

>Fellow Imperialists, I am going to install a new (yes new, not refurished! Don't you love Kanter?)fuel pump on my 413. Any >pitfalls, warnings, suggestions you may have will be very welcome.I've heard stories about the little piston that actuates the pump >falling into

There isn't any real trick to installing one... The worst thing that can happen is that the push rod that drives the pump can slide down and you have to push it back up again. It can be a bit of a trick trying to get it to stay up long enough to get the pump in place. Usually I will put a little dab of grease on it to hold it in place if it won't stay otherwise. The rod can not fall out or fall in to the oil pan. BTW these pumps are still available new from most local auto parts stores for about $20 if any other members are looking.

Steve B.