Re: IML: Power window motors

From: tom higgins <thomash85715@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: power window motors

My jaw just hit the floor when my local auto electric guy phoned
to say he wants $85 to put new bushings and brushes in my 63
window motor.  I can't believe any of us would get anywhere
near that for a spare one from a parts car.  Or am I completely
naive?  This one is out of my back door; my front one has yet
to even be extracted but is stuck fast.  A spare came with my
car, but it is stuck and also is a bit shorter than what I took out
 of my back door.  I do not want to throw a second $85 at that
one till I hear back from the group.  Thank you.
 --Tom 63 Custom in Tucson

That's about what I'd expect to rebuild a motor, 50-100 bucks.
    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT (napping)